Our principles & values
Any person or group can organise autonomously and take action in the name and spirit of XR so long as the action fits within XR’s principles and values. In this way, power is decentralised, meaning that there is no need to ask for permission from a central group or authority.
- 1.We have a shared vision of change creating a world that is fit for generations to come.
- 2.We set our mission on what is necessary using momentum-driven organising to mobilise the population and achieve system change.
- 3.We need a regenerative culture creating a culture which is healthy, resilient and adaptable.
- 4.We openly challenge ourselves and this toxic system leaving our comfort zones to take action for change.
- 5.We value reflecting and learning following a cycle of action, reflection, learning, and planning for more action. Learning from other movements and contexts as well as our own experiences.
- 6.We welcome everyone and every part of everyone working actively to create safer and more accessible spaces.
- 7.We actively mitigate for power breaking down hierarchies of power for more equitable participation.
- 8.We avoid blaming and shaming we live in a toxic system, but no one individual is to blame.
- 9.We are a non-violent network using non-violent strategy and tactics as the most effective way to bring about change.
- 10.We are based on autonomy and decentralisation we collectively create the structures we need to challenge power.